About Me

Sunday, October 1, 2023

Blog Post 7- A New Innovation

 One innovation that has changed my world is Instagram. Instagram was created and founded in 2010 by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger but is now owned by Meta. Instagram is a very fun and easy to use social media app that lets users post up to ten photos or videos in one post or they can do instagram stories where posts are only on users feeds for 24 hours. 


I personally use Instagram every day to connect with friends and family who live overseas in the U.K but I also love it as I get to follow organizations that are important for me. 

I am a Type One Diabetic and like to meet other people who also have diabetes. At times being a college student with diabetes can feel isolating and hard but I follow many instagram accounts like beyondtype1 or the JDRF. These instagram accounts help connect other diabetics together which helps me not feel alone and gives me the opportunity to connect with others who go through what I go through on a daily basis. I would have not found out about these organizations or have connected with people if it was not for Instagram. I find it hard or challenging to open up to my friends about my Type 1 Diabetes as they can not relate to what I am going through. Therefore I find these instagram accounts as a way to open up to other diabetics and to help me know I am not alone.


While at times Instagram can be stressful or used as an app to compare yourself to others I am forever thankful for the opportunities it has given me and helps me connect with people who go through what I go through!







No comments:

Post a Comment

My Love Hate Relationship with Technology

                                              My Love Hate Relationship With Technology Technology is something the average person can no ...