About Me

Friday, September 22, 2023

Blog Post 5- Technology and Facebook reflection.

 September 2023


Wow! That is all I can say after learning all about technology from my classmates. It is truly fascinating how much we really depend on technology to communicate with one another. I was most intrigued when learning about Facebook and Tiktok as those are two social media apps I use on a daily basis to see what is happening in the world and connect with others. I am also a Strategic Communications major so I have more of an interest in learning about more modern day technology as it is what I will most probably be using in my future career. 

Facebook was founded in February 2004 so it has been around for most of my life ( I was born in 2002) so I do not really remember a time without Facebook being in my life or in the news. What I did not know was how much we really depend on Facebook or the company Meta. Meta has created a monopoly and owns practically all the big social media apps that have taken over the internet. Without Facebook we would not be able to connect with others and get information so quickly. While Facebook has had some controversies and some cons it has really changed the way we communicate with others and I really can not see it going out of style since it is used all over the world across all generations. 




I am thankful that we have the ability to connect with others at our fingertips.





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Love Hate Relationship with Technology

                                              My Love Hate Relationship With Technology Technology is something the average person can no ...